Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Orchastrated Meeting

Having followed the Wilson Bridge project since mid 1994 and going to its numerous public meetings, including that SPP meeting of August 26, 2000, I was not happy to hear within the following month, of some other meeting, apparently invitation only, favoring the contrary position.

I only heard about this meeting afterwards. Interesting how I never saw this meeting coming when I was on the look out for public meetings. After all that's how I found out in advance about the SPP's August 24, 2000 meeting.

Sentiments that came out of this included fears of Alexandria being stuck with the bill to pay for the electricity to run the urban deck’s ventilation systems, and of having to hear the sounds of people at recreation, rather then 14-17 lanes of freeway and ramps!

No comments: